Education workshops for UNA members in April, May and June 2023
United Nurses of Alberta is pleased to offer in-person education workshops for members in April, May and June 2023. Any UNA member who would like to become more knowledgeable and engaged can get a head start through the union’s educational workshops, which provide members with a wealth of information, a space for discussion, and activity-based learning.
If a workshop is full, please check ahead for future dates or email email@example.com to be added to a waitlist.
Full workshop descriptions and funding information can be found on the Education page of the UNA website.
All workshops are in-person and full-day unless otherwise noted.
Workshops for UNA Members:
- Know Your Rights (Calgary) – April 5
- Boundaries & Self-Care (Online) – April 18, 09:00-12:00
- Know Your Rights (Camrose) – April 19
- Know Your Rights (Edmonton) – April 20
- Know Your Rights (Medicine Hat) – May 9 (waitlisted)
- Know Your Rights (Fort McMurray) – May 9
- Dealing With Abuse (Fort McMurray) – May 11
- Know Your Rights (Edmonton) – May 11 (waitlisted)
- Know Your Rights (Calgary) – May 16 (waitlisted)
- Boundaries & Self-Care (Online) – May 24, 13:00-15:00
Workshops for Unit/Office Representatives & Local Execs:
- Taking Action (Edmonton) – April 6
- Taking Action (Calgary) – April 11
- Engagement & Support (Edmonton) – May 2
Workshops for Committee Members & Local Execs:
- OH&S Advanced (Edmonton) – April 20
- OH&S Advanced (Calgary) – April 27
- PRC Committee (Medicine Hat) – May 10
- PRC Committee (Grande Prairie) – June 21
Workshops for Local Execs:
- How to Run a Local: Labour Relations (Calgary) – April 25
- How to Run a Local: Labour Relations (Edmonton) – April 27
UNA members who have activated their UNAnet accounts can register online via DMS. Any Local Executive member can register members of their Local in workshops by navigating to Local Admin > Events in DMS.
Please check the Events Calendar and DMS Events regularly as the workshop schedule may have changes or additions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to workshops or registration.