United Nurses of Alberta is pleased to offer a number of online and self-directed education workshops for members to participate in during April, May and June 2022. Any UNA member who would like to become more knowledgeable and engaged can get a head start through the union’s educational workshops, which provide members with a wealth of information, a space for discussion, and activity-based learning.
If a workshop is full, please check ahead for future dates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waitlist.
Full workshop descriptions and funding information can be found on the Education page of the UNA website.
Workshops for UNA Members:
- Know Your Rights (full day) – April 21, May 19, June 14
- Boundaries & Self Care – May 17 (morning), June 1 (afternoon)
Workshops for Unit/Office Representatives & Local Executives:
- Engagement & Support (full day) – May 12
- Taking Action (full day) – June 16
Workshops for Committee Members:
- OH&S Basic (full day) – May 18, May 31, June 21
- PRC Workshop (full day) – May 25, June 29
Workshops for Local Executives:
- How to Run a Local: Administration (full day) – May 3, June 2
- How to Run a Local: Labour Relations (full day) – May 26
- Supporting Members in Distress – May 10 (afternoon), June 8 (morning)
You must be a UNA member to attend UNA provincial workshops. Once you have a valid UNA membership card, activate your UNAnet account through the UNAnet button on the website or via the UNA mobile app. The Events tab in UNA’s Data Management System (DMS - part ofUNAnet) provides a way for members to register for workshops. Members are expected to register in workshops closest to their residence for in-person events (not applicable for online education).
Please check the Events Calendar and DMS Events regularly as the workshop schedule may have changes or additions. Any Local Executive member can register members of their Local in workshops by navigating to Local Admin -> Events in DMS.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions related to the workshops.