An update from the UNA Provincial Negotiations Committee on August 13, 2021:
• Met with the Employers August 10 and August 13.
• On August 13 the Employers indicated they will be applying for "informal" mediation. It will not be a joint application as UNA has already indicated that "informal" mediation does not advance the dispute resolution process under the Labour Relations Code.
• UNA has asked for more bargaining dates, as no more are scheduled.
• UNA notified the Employers we will be reporting to our Locals covered by the Provincial Collective Agreement and seeking further direction on Wednesday August 25th.
• UNA issued a media statement August 13th. Please refer to it for information regarding AHS recruiting agency nurses who will be paid $55 to $75 per hour, benefits and paid housing to work in AHS sites while maintaining rollbacks for Alberta nurses.
Please share this information with all UNA members.
United Nurses of Alberta