An important update from United Nurses of Alberta's Negotiating Committee on August 5, 2021:
• Met with the Employers August 4 and 5.
• As requested by UNA, the Employers indicated they did seek a new mandate from the Government, but the Government refused to alter the mandate given to the Employers.
• Small changes in some articles by both parties. Employers return to current assurance of hours per shift and shifts per shift cycle.
• Employers suggested "informal" mediation. UNA rejected as we do not believe this will add value to the process.
• Next bargaining dates August 10 and 13.
Please share this information with other UNA members.