PLEASE SHARE WITH UNA MEMBERS
February 7, 2024
• Exchanged ingoing proposals with Employers (AHS, Covenant, Lamont and Bethany Camrose) February 6, 2024.
• The Employer proposal package was non-monetary only however they indicated they will table monetary proposals next week.
Employers indicated their priorities are:
- Stabilization of Employer workplaces
- enabling the expedient recruitment of net new Employees
- ensuring there is the ability to recruit skilled and experienced RNs/RPNs to areas where there are gaps
- examining and addressing voluntary internal movement of current Employees
- Increasing the proportion of Full Time and higher FTE employment.
- Options for vacation planning that encourage Regular Employees to maintain their employment status
- Employer concerns related to relief Shifts. This includes:
- challenges in covering short notice changes in staffing;
- the need for improved reliability amongst Employees who have accepted shifts; and
- payment for additional shifts worked by Part Time Employees on unscheduled days.
- An alternate classification appeals process that ensures such issues are resolved expediently
- Options for streamlining or automating various payroll processes
• UNA and Employer ingoing documents are available in UNA Negs 2024 Forum or at www.una.ca.